Special Education Needs Department
We at American International School, are committed to UAE’s vision to be fully inclusive by 2020.
What we do:
- Support a program for students with reading, math, comprehension, retention, behavior, writing , or other challenges for all grades from K to 12.
- Maintain a resource room and testing center for 5th thru 12 students
- Provide one to one support in our KG and Elementary sections including working with teachers in the classroom
- Create Individual Education Plans (IEPs) tailored to student needs
- Collect data on our supported students to monitor progress
- Conduct Screening
- Partner with the AIS Academic Counselor to create effective transition programs for all students
- Assist behavioral programs throughout the school including working with the Moral Education program and other school activities that support Inclusion.
- Communicat with parents , teachers, staff, and students
- Identify students who are Gifted and Talented, who are Emirati Nationals, or who want to undertake special projects
- Enable People of Determination and help them achieve their goals. We specifically focus on Special Education and school wide Inclusion for all students
- Focus on a school-wide Inclusion program meant to help track all students and their performance
- Serve as the Dean of Students with a focus on Child Protection and being the Inclusion Champion for the School
- Develope a Peer Counseling program for High School with the AIS Academic Counselor
- Work with the AIS Academic Counselor and the AIS Testing Coordinator to support student SAT, IELTs , and other programs as needed.