American International School Dubai welcomes prospective parents and students from all nationalities. At our school, we aim is to provide the best of both the American and UAE National Education.
Our curriculum nurtures, cultivates and fosters creative and critical thinking skills. We strive for academic excellence with strong moral values to develop successful and contributing members of a global society.
We provide American Curriculum following the Common Core State Standards (CCSS - California) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
In addition to this we have a balance of internal and external assessments. AIS is committed to achieving the UAE Vision 2021 - National Agenda Parameters, and as such participates in the following external assessments:
- GL Cognitive Ability test - CAT 4
- NWEA MAP (Northwest Evaluation Association Measures of Academic Progress)
- ACER IBT (Arabic)
- TIMSS (Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study)
- PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment)
- PIRLS (Progress in International Reading Literacy Study)
- AP (Advanced Placement)
At AIS, we use a range of software for extending student learning, including IXL, Learning A - Z, and NWEA Skills Navigator. All students have tablets so support digital learning and fluency.