The role of a school is not only to pursue academic excellence but also to motivate and empower our students.
• This policy will take effect from the beginning of the academic year 2018-2019.
• The federal government of the UAE, in collaboration with the educational authorities across the Emirates, has introduced a new admission policy for the children starting school. This is in line with the overall commitment of the UAE Federal Government to ensure the best education provision for all our children.
• The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is keen to provide support and information to schools with regard to this policy. The following will help you to implement the required changes effectively as they apply to your school.
• KG1/KG2 children registering for the academic year 2018-2019 will have to be 4/5 years old by 31st December 2018.
• The cutoff date has changed to December 31st.
• There will be no change to existing regulations and practices for transfers for KG2/ Year 1 onwards.
Students are placed in grade levels based upon the submission and evaluation of official transcripts, as well as their score on the American International School entrance examination. Students are also required to take a formal examination to demonstrate competence in basic courses before being allowed to take Advanced Placement (AP) courses. American International School reserves the right to determine the method of placement.