August 30, 2018
Greetings, my name is Tiffany Brooks and I have recently been appointed as the acting Principal of the American International School. I am a career educator with over 23 years of experience. Overall, I have been a classroom teacher for seven years, two years as an assistant principal and fourteen years as a school principal. I am excited to continue to serve as an instructional leader within the Athena Organization.
Thirteen years of my school leadership was in schools within my home country of the United States of America and I am knowledgeable about the Common Core Curriculum. I had the incredible opportunity to open a school in Abu Dhabi during the 2017 school term. My passion for student achievement mirrors that of the Athena Organization and I look forward to talking with you about our planning at AIS.
The staff of the American International School welcomes you to the start of the 2018 school year! It is with sincere gratitude that we express our thanks to you for selecting AIS to provide your child’s academic and social needs. We look forward to greeting each of our students on Sunday, September 2nd, 2018. I would like to provide you with a number of important updates for the start of a successful year.
- Again, the first day of school begins on Sunday, 2nd September, 2018.
- Gates will open at 7:00 a.m. for students
- The schedule for students in grades 1st through 12th is 7:30 a.m. and ends at 2:30 p.m.
- Bus transportation will begin on the afternoon of 2nd One way transportation will begin 1st October. If your child is taking the bus, then please visit our transportation coordinator.
- For the first week of school, 2nd September through 6th September, we will follow a condensed schedule for students. Therefore students in 1st through 12th grades will dismiss at 12:15 p.m.
- School uniforms may be purchased at Zac’s . All students must be in full school uniform by 9th
- KG1 and KG2 students will follow a flexible schedule for the first week of school. Parents we encourage you to assist your child with the transition.
- If you have not completed the registration process for your child, please do so by next week.
- The central administration of the main office is not to be involved in academic, procedural or behavioral issues unless it has been determined by the Section Head to be unresolved.
- The use of English language by students and staff throughout the school will be encouraged throughout the school to enhance the students’ English skills. Instruction is in English for most subjects.
- Please note in order to maintain the safety of our students all doors are locked during the instructional day. In addition there will be no access from the KG building the main building, you will need to use gate 8.
- After school starts, then we ask that parents please stop by the security office before they enter the school. The security officer will sign then into the school.
- Attendance procedures remain the same as last year. We will begin following attendance procedures starting with the first day of school.
- We are looking forward to working with all of you and ask that parents bringing their children to school follow school rules.
Finally, I would like to extend an invitation to attend our AIS orientation that will be held on Saturday 8th, September. It is scheduled as follows:
KG through 3rd 9:00-11:00 a.m. and Grades 4th through 12th 11:30-1:30 p.m.
Again, we thank you for selecting AIS as your child’s educational provider and look forward to working with you this year.
Tiffany Brooks, Acting Principal